Genesis Complex/Stabilized Rice Bran
What is Rice Bran?
Part of the reproductive system of non-processed rice, rice bran is the most complete source of naturally occurring combinations and amounts of primary and secondary food nutrients and micronutrients known to exist on earth.
Rice bran is the outer coating of the rice kernel. Worldwide it is removed from the white portion of rice in a process known as polishing. Polishing breaks up the coating into smaller particles, which begin to oxidize within a few minutes. Attached to and also a part of the rice bran in a portion called the rice germ. The rice germ is the rice version of an egg and contains the reproductive system of the rice kernel.
The oil portion of the bran is damaged by the polishing process and starts to degrade in several ways one of which is by enzymatically induced rancidity. Put another way, a naturally occurring enzyme in the oil that helped make it, starts to take it back apart. Within about 12 hours there is enough damage to effectively reduce the nutritional advantages of the rice bran and make it unfit for human consumption.
It is estimated that between 50 and 60 million metric tons of rice bran is discarded world wide every year because of the degradation induced by the milling process. Already paid for, this most valuable nutrient source in typically thrown away.
Various attempts at stabilizing rice bran have been attempted since the early 1900's and it wasn't until 1978 that the results of a successful stabilization process were scientifically published. By the early 1980's a process had been developed by the United States Department of Agriculture that effectively deactivated the enzyme in the rice bran oil that contributed the most to the degradation of the rice bran.
As of 2001 there were two plants in the United States that effectively stabilize rice bran using identical equipment in a non-chemical process. Two more are scheduled for late 2008 and early 2009. Except for certain export purposes, the product of these two plants is licensed to only one company, which is the sole source of stabilized rice bran in the United States. Virtually all stabilized rice bran on the American market being used in any product originates from this single source. As a raw material, this stabilized rice bran is sold through distribution channels to eventually become various forms of finished products. Various manufacturers can then modify stabilized rice bran to fit their individual markets and retail channels.
Lifestar offers something different.
What is Lifestar's version like?
It is the most complete source of naturally occurring combinations and amounts of primary and secondary food nutrients and micronutrients known to exist on earth,
...in two different significantly enhanced formulas.
1) Genesis Complex is a blend of de-fibered stabilized rice bran and regular stabilized rice bran at a fiber ratio more optimum for use with humans than the naturally occurring fiber levels found in rice bran. We also add Lifestar cell-grown fermented vitamin C to a level representing 2.74% of the total weight of Genesis. This insures that the vitamin C level in Genesis is adequate for human use. Lifestar multi-ascorbate vitamin C is currently slightly more than 11 times more potent as an antioxidant than ascorbic acid or any form of buffered ascorbate. Being naturally grown it is also known to stay in the body for about 7 days as compared to regular ascorbic acid being expelled by the body within in 24 hours, usually 5-6 hours. The fiber portion of this formula contains naturally occurring amounts of soluble and insoluble rice bran fiber and trace minerals. We also add the worlds richest mineral/trace element carbonate complex as well as our ProTec probiotic. Recommended dosage is 3 tablespoons per day in water or juice.
Why take it?
In 1999 Lifestar began an observation of use program with more than 60 users of the products. In one year we gave away over 700 pounds of products to see what nutritional improvements could be detected at various amounts and frequency of use. The following is a partial list of areas of improvement in what was and has subsequently been observed and reported by users. In some applications the improvements may have been in association with a more comprehensive nutritional program. These improvements are what the body did with the product and not what the products were imagined to do to the body:
- Type I and II Diabetes
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- High cholesterol reduction
- Liver abnormalities
- C Hepatitis
- Liver cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Irregular Menstrual Cycle
- Diabetic Neuropathy (Significant improvements)
- Congestive Heart Failure (Significant & rapid improvements)
- Skin dryness
- High Prostate PSA level
- Prostate Cancer